It’s been a while since I pumped out a recipe on the blog so I’m really excited to bring you this today. My daughter Autumn loves to cook. It’s such a fun way to let her explore and gain that feeling of independence for herself which for Autumn, feeling responsible and independent is really important for her.
Cooking with Autumn not only gives me the chance to spend quality time with her in a forum that she loves, but it also encourages her to try different types food, especially if she is following a recipe with different herbs and spices. Autumn has always used food as one of her ‘control’ methods and getting her trying the food that she cooks is a massive win for me.
Here is something we created last night…
6 medium blue potatoes (WA potatoes please!)
1 can Mixed Beans
2 ripe tomatoes
1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1 tub sour cream
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/4 red onion (finely sliced)
30g fresh coriander
2 fresh limes (juiced)
1 red chilli (for me)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200deg Celsius
- Boil or microwave your potatoes until soft
- Mix beans and tomatoes in a bowl
- Remove tops of the potatoes and mix the flesh in with the bean mix
- Add the bean mix back on top of the potatoes
- Sprinkle cheese onto the potatoes
- Place potatoes on a backing tray and into the oven until cheese is nice and golden
- Mix dressing together
- Top baked potatoes with dressing, avocado and fresh coriander.
Find this recipe and more fantastic recipes using WA Potatoes here.