Gluten-Free Banana bread packed with healthy fats and fibre
In this recipe, I have used my all-time favourite lunchbox Banana’s, Sweeter Bananas from Carnarvon.
Finding something healthy for afternoon tea or breakfast can get repetitive and tricky, especially when you’re trying to avoid all the nasties like high sugar content and processed ingredients. With gluten allergies to add to the mix, I created this banana bread recipe which;
- It’s perfect for an on the go breakfast
- Afternoon tea ALL the kids will approve of
- A healthy alternative to the store-bought stuff
- Satisfies the sweet tooth we all get from time to time
Over ripened bananas are perfect for this recipe. You can add in some cinnamon and chopped nuts and it stores it in the fridge for up to a week.
- 2 large ripened bananas
- 3 eggs
- 50ml coconut oil, macadamia oil or cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 peeled and grated apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- Pre-heat the over to 160 C
- Mash the bananas and mix with eggs, oil, honey, apple, lemon and baking powder
- Combine the almond meal, chia seeds and coconut in another bowl then mix with the wet ingredients.
- Lightly oil the loaf tin, coat with shredded coconut to help prevent sticking (and adding more coconut goodness)
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 50-60 mins. You can cover it with foil at about the 45-minute mark to prevent it from going brown
- Remove from the oven when a skewer comes out dry. Let it cool in the pan first before turning it out onto a cooling rack.
Make sure to take a snap if you make and be featured on our socials!
You will also love…