Most mornings I make myself my version of a Bulletproof Collagen coffee.
What the hell is a Bulletproof coffee I hear you say? A question I get asked constantly over on Instagram!
The benefits of a Bulletproof coffee is predominantly derived from the MCT oil and the Magic Mushroom coffee. The oil is said to increase brain function, gives you a slow release of energy and has fat burning properties (read about it here) and the Magik Mushroom coffee from Life Cykel boasts antioxidants, better immunity and oxygen utilisation. These, combined with the other ingredients are said to help with focus and mental alertness and with the MCT oil providing a slow release of energy, it’s perfect for first thing in the morning keeping me satisfied until after the school drop madness. I like to sit and eat breakfast in peace ok! Oh the luxury… hehe.
There are a few versions and flavours you can add to your Bulletproof coffee but this is my favourite. Have a play around with yours. If you love the taste you are more likely to reach for it every morning.
- 1 cup of black coffee. I use coffee from Margaret River Roasting Company.
- 1 cup of Magick Mushroom Life Cykel coffee
- 1 tablespoon of Melrose MCT oil. You can also use coconut oil or Brain Octane Oil
- 1 sachet of Collagen U (use code RAYNE for a 10% discount)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- A dash of almond or coconut milk. Traditionally this is a good organic butter instead.
Blend all together and enjoy!
Where to find my favourite things:
Life Cykel Magick Mushroom coffee
Collagen from Collagen U (code RAYNE for 10% discount)
Bulletproof coffee, MCT Oil and starter kits from Optimoz
Melrose MCT Oil that I use (pictured above)
Health food store where I get all my powders www.healthylife.com.au
Personalised PJ’s from Sleeping W. The Enemy